Saturday, August 16, 2008

Pizza Night!`

Last night we had pizza night here at the house and had a couple friends over.  We have been trying to cut down on our spending, while at the same time not give up hanging out with our friends.  So we made pizzas here at home instead of buying them (Betty Crocker, I know!).  I found the recipe on someone else's blog (I'm bad at remembering if I don't right it down, I think it was Money Saving Mom) and then tweaked it a little for my own tastes.  It's not quite right yet for me, but everyone thought it was a good start!Pizza dough1 TBSP active dry yeast1 cup warm water1 tsp. garlic salt2 tsp. sugar2 tsp. veggie oil2 1/2 cups flourDissolve yeast in warm water - add other ingredients.  Mix. Then knead on floured surface for about 5 minutes.  Then spread out on greased pizza pan.  Put in/on pizza toppings and bake for 12-16 minutes on 450 degrees.On two of the pizzas last night we put some mozzeralla cheese along the edge then folded the crust over to make a "stuffed crust" - I love Pizza Hut's Stuffed Crust pizza!  It turned out well, but not cheezey enough for me...so I will try more next time.  I had a smaller pizza pan, so my crust ended up being more of a thick crust.  But I just got asked for my recipe so I must have done something right!  There again, next time...I might put more garlic salt in...b/c we love garlic.  I'll let you know!

No comments: